Emily Zheng is a writer who uses her creative work to empower others, whether it is on gaining self-confidence, fighting conformity, or becoming educated on social issues. A passionate activist, she strives to better the earth through living sustainably and getting involved in politics. She loves poetry, handwritten letters, and veganism. The focus of her writing has always been on capturing unfiltered emotion and on recreating the magic of being whisked away to another world. Aside from creating, she reads too many books, dances the nights away at concerts, and goes on adventures with her friends.
Examples of her work:
- October 2016 (Page 74) Mad Sounds Magazine: “An Open Letter to Rejection”
- December 2016 (Page 52) Mad Sounds Magazine: “Is Art Dead? Creativity in the Modern World”
- Written Citizen: “Confessions of a Real Life DUFF”
- November 2016 (Page 74) Mad Sounds Magazine: “If I Were Skinny”
- August 2016 (Page 88) Mad Sounds Magazine: “Lady Love: On Strong Female Friendships”
- Oh Happy Veggie: “The Power of Vulnerability”